Sunday Nights at 5 PM! Beginning Sunday January 10.
We’re about to begin a year-long study that is going to change the way your teenager looks at the Bible. It’s called The Thread, and it’s designed to accomplish two things.
- First, your teenager will learn the big-picture story of Scripture. So many teenagers simply don’t have a grasp of the narrative of the Bible. Key characters. Key events. Few teenagers understand how these elements fit into the story of God and His people. The Thread aims to change this.
- Second, your teenager will learn what the Gospel is, and how it literally courses through the narrative of the Bible. Not only will your students learn the story of the Bible, but they will see that it is a story of unfailing love, as God seeks from the beginning of Creation to draw humankind to Him through the grace of the Gospel.
The Thread will teach your teenager God’s story. And it will teach him or her how God wove His thread of love through every page of it. I am extremely excited to be taking our students on this journey.
Here’s a few ways you can help your teenager commit to knowing Jesus more through studying the big-picture story of the Bible.
- Set aside Sunday nights, beginning January 10, at 5pm so they can join us for the weekly lesson.
- Pray for your teenager and the others walking through this Bible study.
- Look for some of the verses that we discuss in the follow-up letters and work through them with your child.
- Be open and honest with them about your own questions you have about the concepts we introduce.
Thank you so much for letting us challenge your teenager in his or her walk with Christ each week!
Please pray for us and know that we are praying for you!
Pastor Brandon Phillips
Trinity Baptist Church