July 12, 2017
“He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither.”
There are just a few more weeks of Summer left! We have had an amazing time in Costa Rica, worked VBS, and will soon be heading to camp and the SEND conference. God is working in the hearts of our students and it is excited to see where it leads.
You as leaders are crucial to helping stoke the fire God has placed in their hearts. As we approach the Fall and the start of our new Wednesday small groups I am wanting to clearly lay out my expectations for you as SGLs to your few.
We finished last year with 13 small groups. I want to start this year with 20. I have spoken with most of you about leading a group for me this Fall. Please look over the job description and let me know if you think you can commit to leading for me on Wednesday nights.
SMALL GROUP LEADERS
THE WIN FOR SMALL GROUP LEADERS
As a Small Group Leader (SGL), we need you to invest in the lives of a few to encourage authentic faith. You win when students have meaningful interactions during group that influence their faith in Jesus and deepen their relationships with others.
Reports to the Pastor Brandon
- You love God.
- You care about students.
- You’re committed to investing in and caring for your few over a period of time, typically a full school year.
- BE PRESENT: Connect their faith to a community by showing up predictably, mentally, and randomly.
- CREATE A SAFE PLACE: Clarify their faith as they grow by leading the group, respecting the process, and guarding the heart.
- PARTNER WITH PARENTS: Nurture an everyday faith by cueing the parent, honoring the parent, and reinforcing the family.
- MAKE IT PERSONAL: Inspire their faith by your example by living in community, setting priorities, and being real.
- MOVE THEM OUT: Engage their faith in a bigger story by moving them to someone else, moving them to be the church, and moving them to what’s next.
Give your all.
- Show up on time. 6:30 PM On Wednesday.
- Come prepared by studying the materials you need for group.
- Connect with your students at least every other month. Follow up with card, text, or in person (at a game etc..).
- Attend the monthly leader gathering whenever possible. 6 PM on August 8, September 12, October 10, November 7, December 5.
- Attend the yearly Hydrate Leader Summit on Sunday August 13 from 12:15-2:00 PM
MY PROMISE TO YOU:
- I will provide you with curriculum ahead of time so you can be prepared.
- I will equip you to be a successful small group leader by providing training and by being available to answer whatever questions and concerns you have.
Thank You for your interest in being a small group leader. Term commitment is usually August –June. Please prayerfully consider this job description. Contact me if you have any questions.
I will have printed copies of the Small Group Leader job description available at our next meeting August 8 at 6PM.